Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DAY 59

Silver wispy clouds
High and lofty

Made me think of pride.
10Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

What a struggle. Humility is a virtue few walk in. To be humble is to not be proud. While the love of money may be the root of all evil, I think pride is behind all sin.

Pride says "I can do it myself. I am first."
Humility says "My God is all. HE is first."

What strong beacons of His light we are when we put aside our need for self-importance and glorify Him.



In this age of so-called self-esteem, we would be wise to remember that we are only because He is.

1 comment:

  1. I believe you are right. God has been showing me how much pride I have been walking in. It is not a pretty picture. Good word Patty. : )

    ReplyDelete