Thursday, January 6, 2011

DAY 39

Are those gnat wings between your teeth?

I know the following verse was aimed at the Pharisees, but this is one of my favorite verses to describe human nature.

Matthew 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

I confess, there have been plenty of times that I have had gnat wings in my teeth and a camel lump in my throat.

For instance, when I begrudge a dollar to spend on another but blow twenty on something I definitely don't need.

For mankind that worries about erasing wrinkles and pounds from the body, but doesn't give a thought to just where they are going to spend eternity.

Discern what is important.

Does that closet really need to be cleaned out? Or are you looking at the wrong closet and need to spend more time in that prayer closet.

And finally, another of my favorite verses.

Phillipians 4:8
8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The choice is ours. Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment