Monday, January 24, 2011

DAY 57

This tree was hit by lightning a few years ago. Although scarred, it's still growing and living.

Suffering? Why do people have to suffer?I am sure this will be one of the top ten questions asked in heaven.

I don't know the answer. Anything I say would be trite.

Psalm 145: 13b-14

13Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. 14The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.

What I do know - God is love. He promises to work all things out to good for those called according to His purpose.


And the devil is the one who has come to steal, kill, and destroy.


Jesus is our deliverer. God is our healer,

Jesus sent out his disciples with the power to heal. Jesus never ran around saying -you poor thing, He just healed them. Jesus did weep but I get the impression it was more for the people around Him who didn't get the truth that Lazarus wasn't dead.


If we are in Christ, we are alive. Forever!


I wouldn't have taken a picture of this tree, except for the fact that it suffered and went on. Many who have been afflicted, go on to have testimonies of how Jesus worked in their lives and they overcame.


Suffering - I don't know. I am sure a result of the fall. It stinks, hurts, is not fair, and I hate it.


But my God is bigger, His promises stronger, and His salvation pure.


Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment