Monday, July 25, 2011

IF My people...

This hot weather defines the word languish. With weeks of 100+ days behind us and weeks in front of us, you can't help but feel the heat sapping your energy.

So what are we to do?

Praying for rain and a break in the weather sounds like a good idea to me.

One look at our burnt grass and fields, the trees losing their leaves, and we know this is not good.

Hosea 4

1Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.

2By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.

3Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish...

6My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

What to do?

2 Chronicles 7:14

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

No comments:

Post a Comment