Thursday, July 14, 2011

DAY 214

I don't know why, but this picture reminds of a fantasy novel. I imagine the cat sitting on the threshold to a magical world. She knows the way, but is watching to see that no one follows.

Ahh, the mind of a writer is never without story. : )

So, what does that have to do with anything? (asking myself)

The verse of the day at BibleGateway is
“If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”John 15:10

I think sometimes as we stumble along on our Christian Walk it feels like there is a hidden path that we don't know about. How do we follow Jesus? Where did that path go?

Those times when we feel like we wake up and wonder just where are we and how do we get back to Him.

God is not a Cheshire Cat that mockingly laughs as we lose our way. He gave us His Word. The clues are there if we but seek. The Way is there if we but ask. The door will open if we keep knocking.

SO, today, if you feel like you've lost your way, stop. What was the last thing you heard the Lord tell you to do? And go that way. His direction. For He gave us the Holy Spirit to guide us.

The way is narrow, but He's given us the Word as a road map and a Helper that will never leave us.

IF all else fails, love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Love your neighbor as yourself. And when you do, you'll find your way lining up with His.

Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment