Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DAY 219

Psalm 63:1
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

You would think King David had visited Texas in the summer. We're hot and dry, physically. But how is our spirit?

To be focused on the things of this world dry out the spirit. Jesus told us that we don't live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4.

One dry day, I was walking back to the house and voiced my thought to the Lord that we needed rain.

He stopped in my tracks and said 'you don't even know what you need.'

Hmmm, of course, the Lord is always right. When we're going through a dry time in our journey through life, often what we think we need -more money, better paying job, a wife or husband, and on and on, is not what we really need.

Seek the Lord while HE may be found. Drink in the goodness and wisdom of God. Water your life with His Word and His Presence in worship and praise. And see if the cracks don't close and out of your spirit flows living water.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

No comments:

Post a Comment