Monday, April 25, 2011

DAY 144

Climbing higher, higher, and higher.

There are times when the Lord is easily found. His goodness and sweet smell of love floods over me.
And I rejoice in His presence and my good favor that He is near.

And although He is always near and promised to never abandon me, there are times that I am far away. I call, and run, and look. Where is He?

Where is my comfort? My joy and peace?

And He says to me, "Seek Me. Climb higher. Take and make the effort and you will not be disappointed."

He knows me, us. We so easily fall into routine, the duty of meeting with Him that we forget Who it is we are seeking.

God is not a formula, a small God that can be contained. No, HE is the Great I Am. To be feared as well as loved. For He is, and nothing is, without Him.

Jesus sought the Lord, going away to the wilderness. How much more do we need to seek Him?

Take the effort, the time, and seek the Lord.

Psalm 14:2
The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

No comments:

Post a Comment