Saturday, April 16, 2011

DAY 135

Look at that beautiful flower! Umm, which one? Is it the pink one to the left, the red one to the right?

Too many choices. How do we go after one thing when there are so many choices, opportunities, chores, -- you name it? - We live in the land of plenty and drown in our choices.

Yesterday, I was meeting a friend before going to our critique group. I was going to be maybe 15 minutes early, so I grabbed a bag, shoved in a book, smiled when I saw my Kindle was already in the bag along with a couple of writing magazines, and then snatched a notebook so I could make notes about my characters in the book I am working on. Seriously, how did I think I was going to do all that and talk to my good friend in Idaho in just 15 minutes?

Focus. I am in major need of a vision adjustment.

Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no vision, the people perish...

Habakkuk 2:2
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

And there it is-His purpose. His will for my life, for this day, this hour.

Father in heaven, thank you for this day, this moment. Show me what You would have me do. What you would have me finish. I give this time to You. In Jesus Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment