Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DAY 125

On the level?

We hear much about balance in the Christian life. What does that mean? Should we cut our lives like pieces of pie? One for the Lord, one for the family, one for work and one for fun?

That sounds way too much like what man would make up. You know the finger thing Christians do so they can remember their priorities.

Although it is wise to understand that the Lord did give us our authorities, like them or not. And we are to obey them as long as they don't go against the Lord

So how are we to be in balance?
Jesus did and said only what the Father told Him
John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Balance will be found in seeking the Lord, being quiet before Him and listening. And He will set our days. Do as He says and you don't need to worry if you are balanced or not. We live to please Him, not man.

1 comment:

  1. How appropriate for today! I love how God does that! I've seen John 12:49, but today God used it as confirmation. Thank you for listening to Him and sharing this for me.

    Bohemian Christian Chelle

    ReplyDelete