Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 3

Psalm 5:3
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.


You set the sun in the heavens as a sign to us. To remind us of Your Son. To remind us that You are here, that You hear our prayers.

This morning I eagerly awaited the moment. Cold, 36 degrees and not a bird in sight, but as I waited, the sky to the east burned with the announcement that the sun was coming. Should I also be burning inside with the knowledge that my Lord is returning soon? Glowing so that those groping in darkness see the hope of Glory?

See the glow of sunrise. As the earth receives light from the sun that which was muted in darkness shines. So should we who know the Lord.

Father in Heaven, I want to glow and burn inside with Your love and glory so that those groping in darkness see Your light. Help me grow closer to You.



Hymn
O Day of Rest and Gladness
Today on weary nations
The heavenly manna falls;
To holy convocations
The silver trumpet calls,
Where Gospel-light is glowing
With pure and radiant beams
And living water flowing
With soul-refreshing streams.

No comments:

Post a Comment