Thursday, December 30, 2010

DAY 32

A peaceful quiet morning.

Peace. The world clamors for it, rather unpeaceably I might add. We have wars for peace, angry demonstrations for peace, and of course, beauty contestants always want world peace.

So what is peace? Dictionary says it's freedom from war, tranquility, and mental calm.

I would add that it is the freedom from fear.

There is only One who can give us that freedom. that is Jesus who overcame the world.

John 14:27

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Watching Band of Brothers, there was one soldier who was brave beyond belief, and he made a statement that stuck with me. He explained to another soldier that the trick was to understand that 'you're already dead.'

As Christians, we are by definition already dead and our lives hidden in Christ. and we have life eternal. A dead man fears nothing. Not to mention we have the Lion of Judah to back us up.

Live freely, backing down from nothing or no one, and go forward into the new year knowing that there is only life in front of you. Death has lost, Christ has won, and we are free to live in peace.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it cool that as Christians we walk in that freedom! I'm dead to the world but alive forever in Christ. Soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete