Sunday, December 19, 2010

DAY 21

Last night, I anticipated this morning with great joy. Not for what I would see or receive. But what I could give to my God, to worship Him, Exalt Him as the One True God.

At first singing, and then praising Him in spirit and mind.

Then the urging by the Holy Spirit to be silent. Sounds easy, but my mind buzzed with praising Him, looking at the sunrise, whirring with all that is around me and that is my life.

Quiet, enter the quiet place. Not so easy to do. I tiptoed around the silence. Entering in and jumping back. Clearly, this is a discipline that needs to be learned and practiced. A fine tuning of my spirit with His Holy Spirit.

Psalm 62 (NASB)
1My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
2He only is my rock and my salvation,...
5My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
6He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
7On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
8Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Father in Heaven, I ask for hearing ears. Let me come before You with Thanksgiving and Praise and then let me Hear Your Words.

1 comment:

  1. Great you tried it. It takes practice. But then you can't do without it.

    ReplyDelete