Saturday, December 18, 2010

DAY 20

From Audio English.net -- The noun FAMILIARITY has 5 senses:

1. personal knowledge or information about someone or something
2. usualness by virtue of being familiar or well known
3. close or warm friendship
4. a casual manner
5. an act of undue intimacy


I awoke this morning, took a peek at the sky, and decided the morning held nothing spectacular enough for me to get up early. After all, morning runs until noon. As I was thinking that way, I was prodded by the Holy Spirit that God is never boring.


What might I be missing?


As soon as I thought the question, I heard thousands of birds. I got up and ran to the kitchen where my husband said "You should have been here a few minutes ago."


I missed it. We went outside and I could see the tail end of a swarm of birds that would have made it into Alfred Hitchcock's movie. To top that off their was a slight fog over the horizon that the sun was swiftly burning away. Missed that too.


I wondered if this is how Adam and Eve fell for the you can eat from that tree trick. Boredom. Too familiar with a God that can never be fully known by us. Taking God too casually, thinking it is only a warm friendship with Him instead of life. Thinking we can be intimate with Him in our casual friendship forgetting that our very life and being is hidden in Christ.

Colossians 3:3 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

AS I write this, I confess before the Lord and ask forgiveness for my familiar attitude with Him. He's not my friendly uncle, sugar daddy, or rich father. HE is my God. And that not by my doing, but by His mercy and grace that He loves me even when I am not lovable or worthy.

Father in Heaven, help me not take you for granted. Forgive me when I do. Help me to remember You are Holy and worthy of all praise and honor. And remind me to be quiet and listen for You, to meditate on Your Word knowing that Your Word is life to me. To Seek you with all my heart, mind, and strength and soul. For You are the most precious pearl, my reason for being, and worthy of all my attention and praise.

Hallelujah to the Living God!




No comments:

Post a Comment