Friday, September 30, 2011

What's Love Got to do With It?

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us

Romans 12:10
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Love, the word slips from our mouth so easily. I love this or that. I love you. I love God. All said so easily.

I take great comfort in knowing that God's love is in my heart. Because my love is truly lacking.

I know the right answers. I can so easily say that I love others. But I have to admit that often my love is filtered through my feelings.

True love, the God shed Holy Spirit kind, is beyond my feelings. It is a love without restrictions.

My goal - to set aside my tingly feeling kind of love that happens only if it meets my needs, desires, feelings, mood.

And to open my heart to the Love of God and let it pour from me.

Father in Heaven, let Your love flow through me. Give me wisdom to not block your Holy love. And let me see through Your eyes. Honoring others over me and my wants.

Only in Jesus can we truly love. Only because of the Holy Spirit will others see our love. Only the Father could design such a wondrous power.

No comments:

Post a Comment