Thursday, September 8, 2011

What's Love got to do with it?

1 John 3:11
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Sounds simple enough. How do we love one another?

John 15:12
This is my (Jesus) commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

So in the manner that Jesus loves us, we are to love one another.

Hmmm, Not so easy. After all, I am not Jesus -- But doesn't God live in us?

1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Why then is it so hard to love others? One answer is fear. If I give what I have, I will be in lack. If I open up myself and let others know I care, I might get hurt. If I take time out of my day to meet the needs of others, how will my needs be met?

Fear controls us. Fear says there is something greater than God. Fear shows our eyes have drifted from the Lord to the problem.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Walk in perfect Love. Knowing that the Lord first loved you. That He dwells in you and desires that you love others as He has loved you.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NASB)

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

In Christ, we can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment