Friday, September 9, 2011

Love - Charity -Agape

1 Corinthians 13:8
Charity never faileth ...


The KJV uses Charity instead of the word love. In the Greek, the word is agape.

In the dictionary, Charity - is from the word caritas - Christian love.

God is agape love.

1 Corinthians 16:14
Let all your things be done with charity.

Colossians 3:14
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

I wonder why I make this so hard. I guess it is the goatly behavior of 'but'.

But they did this, do I have to love them?
But they hurt me, do I have to love them?
But they said mean things to me, do I have to love them?
But I don't want to do that, do I have to love them?

Love, charity, the agape God kind of love that is patient and kind, not boasting or arrogant, self serving, making records of wrongs.

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I can have great faith, and wondrous hope, but it is the God kind of love that is greatest.

God is love, He died for us even while we were sinners, and welcomes us back into His Kingdom.

Love trumps all. Stronger than revenge, able to defeat evil, love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment