Friday, March 9, 2012

When God Smiles

The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you;

We're on our little vacation. A trip to take my 90 year old Father in law to Florida to visit with his daughter. My husband and I and Grandpa piled in the truck Wednesday and pulled into my sister in law's on Thursday. I always enjoy the trip. Nothing like seeing miles of God's creation.

So this morning I was waking up and thought, my hubby can go make Grandpa breakfast. I'm on vacation.

Then I feel that little prick in my heart. You know the one. God's finger nudging your shoulder. I could feel Him say - Love My 90 year old child.


I was thinking - I'll be spiritual and do my blog.

Love My 90 year old child and make him some waffles.


Sometimes, I may be slow but hopefully not stupid.  I got up and cheerfully made Grandpa his waffles. Talked with him and enjoyed our time together.

Then I felt it. Could see it. God smiled at me.

I hadn't evangelized Africa. Prophesied to the nations. Or raised the dead. But I had done what I heard the Lord say to do. And HE smiled at me. Even now I can feel the warmth in my heart. The joy flowing through me.

His love, like a tidal wave, takes over where I leave off and overtakes me. I am far more blessed than I was a blessing.

It just doesn't get better than that.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I forget that obedience is for God, and ultimately, it blesses me. Even more than sleeping in. :-) Nice post.

    ReplyDelete