Saturday, March 17, 2012

Did you see that?

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalm 23:1-3 


The Lord is my Shepherd. The promise that God watches over us. But do we often recognize His loving hands at work in our lives? Or do we rush onward in our harried lives intent on accomplishing what we want to do, and if something gets in our way, gripe and complain?

Yesterday, we were driving toward home from our little vacation. We planned to stop in Vicksburg. (as much as my husband and I can plan. We didn't have reservations at a motel.) BUT we missed the exit for the tourist bureau where we were going to get a booklet to save money on our rooms. AND you guessed it, we were crossing the Mississippi River and into Louisiana. Bye bye Vicksburg.

We drove on and stopped in Delhi, LA. Ate at a lovely family restaurant and stayed at a very nice Best Western.

This morning, my husband talked with the lady in the room down from us. She told him they tried to find a room in Vicksburg but they were full.

So God's hand worked in our favor, leading us on. We could have been angry that we missed the exit. Complained.

Instead, the Lord had a blessing on down the road for us. We saw that.

Life is so much more interesting, exciting, and fulfilling when we recognize that the Lord is our Shepherd. Our Good Shepherd.

Watch how you look at things. You just might see God's hand at work for your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment