Thursday, November 10, 2011

When Attitudes Rise

Yesterday I was thinking of something I had to do and an ugly attitude began to take over me. You know the kind - the snarky, let's trash this event before I can even get to it.

But God had other ideas. Before the stinking thinking got underway HE stopped it and said in my spirit - "What if I have something good and wonderful for you?"

Hmmm. Halted those wayward thoughts. I was able to cast down the 'vain imaginations' and replace them with a hope and excitement.

You guessed it. The very thing I dreaded was amazing and blessed me beyond what I surely deserved.

God is gracious. And has only good for us.

Psalm 31:19
Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

Psalm 52:1
Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.

Check your thoughts. Listen to the Spirit. And be prepared to see the Goodness of God.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, indeed. And I recognise that road sign! Glad you were blessed. This is a real learning curve.
    (Didn't have my glasses on when I posted previous comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jackie and Liz. Don't you just love it when God intervenes and shows His goodness!

    ReplyDelete