Sunday, March 27, 2011

DAY 115

MMMM! Got to love donuts.

And then we know the saying about those unhappy souls who are always looking for the hole in the donut.

Why miss out on sooo much by looking for what you don't have? Sounds silly when we think about it, but it is so easy to do.

Advertising works on this idea. You need....

So, take it to a higher level. Is this what we do when we are refusing to be grateful? Could we even begin to list all the things we can and ought to be thankful for? I think if we were honest, this would take way longer than we would want to do.

Psalm 26:7
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

Psalm 116:17
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
2 Corinthians 9:11
Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

I am thankful that I can write, have breath in my lungs, friends I adore, family that loves and supports me, a church and Pastor who is strong in the Word, a home, food, water, air, cars, and mostly for a loving heavenly Father, a mighty savior who redeems me, and life everlasting.

These are but a few of my favorite things for which I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment