Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DAY 117

Fall from Grace

Weeds. They started fresh and green trumpeting Spring's arrival. Then they turned yellow, mildewed.

And so I found in my heart weeds of fleshly sin. I took the Grace, the gift God gave me, and threw it at another person. Not with love or out of compassion, but with irritation, as in 'why are you bothering me - take this.'

Hours later, my heart was pierced by Holy Spirit's light. I'd sinned. I'd recklessly tossed a gift from my Heavenly Father at another.

I sympathized with Moses, who took his gift of grace and beat the rock in anger. He missed out on the promised land for that act.

Yikes. I repented. Genuinely cut to the core, I asked for forgiveness for taking something so precious and tossing it like it was something I had any right to use in such a way. And then with such little care at another living breathing soul that my Savior died for.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Praise the Lord, He picked my up, dusted me off and forgave me. I am clean, now, wiser now.

Treasure the gifts He gives you. And have compassion on those you are to pass the gift on to. We are earthen vessels but through God's grace we can pass His gifts onto others.

Walk in His Grace mindful that Grace is God's given to us to pass on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment