Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hot or Cold?

Revelation 3:15-16

Amplified Bible (AMP)
15I know your [record of] works and what you are doing; you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot!
    16So, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth!


Hard words. But truth. Basically, the church in Laodicea thought they were ok and needed nothing. They could do it on there own power. 

 17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
 18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Fear not, God loves us. He is rooting for us, cheering us on, and wise to our safekeeping. HE does not want us to fail. Repentance is a turning back to Him. Acknowledging that we have left the narrow path and strayed, but are turning back to God. And His love welcomes us.
 19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Hear the knocking? Answer the door and rejoice and eat with the Creator of all. Can't get better than that.
 20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
And the rewards are out of this world!!!
 21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
 22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.


No comments:

Post a Comment