Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Easy Button

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.” 


Love. God is love. He first loved us. God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. Love.

1 Corinthians 13

The Excellence of Love

 1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

 4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
 8 Love never fails;

First soak in God's love. And then let Him love others through you. Love is not lust, momentary passion, or warm fuzzy feelings. Love is holy. righteous, and good.

Love one another. When life is out of control, press the easy button, and turn to God, accept His love for you, and then love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment