Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How's Your Heart?

Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.



A Cold Heart.
I feel the chill in mine. 
A subtle coldness that creeps in
A look of annoyance, impatience, irritation 
at those around you, coworkers, even loved ones.

Not to mention the rage at your perceived enemies.
Add a little anger and my heart is cool
They deserve it, I say
Let them have
it.

And I cringe. COLD. 
How did I get here?
And what do I do?
How do you warm a 
chilled heart.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

  1. Step one - turn to the Lord. Ask for a clean heart. A heart of flesh and not stone.
  2. Guard your heart. What are you watching on TV? News, movies 
  3. Think on what is good, ... Phil 4:8
  4. BE grateful - list how you are blessed,
  5. Pray for others
  6. Praise and worship the Lord
Ah,  feelin the warmth already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment