Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Love Factor


And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

In Christian circles, teachings, and preachings, I hear the phrase - people come first. But is that what we are to be about?

Yes, we are to love one another. They will know we are His disciples by our love for one another. But how do we get there? Can we really love one another without first loving the Lord with all our hearts?

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

A kind of which comes first puzzle. Or maybe they come together. I know when I was 'zapped' and born again, I certainly was able to love others in ways I wasn't before.

The closer we become to the Lord, the more we move from ourselves. Jesus loved by doing only what He heard the Father say to do. God first, people second.

If we put people first are we cheating them? Giving them only what we have instead of what HE has to give them.

Matthew 19:16-18  16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Only God is good. 

When we listen to the Lord and do as He says - that's when miracles happen, when lives are changed. 

Love God and your neighbor. One is built on the other.



No comments:

Post a Comment