Friday, May 11, 2012

Tenderhearted

Ephesians 4:32

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Tenderhearted. What a loving word that touches off pictures of a mother's love. The word tender originates from a word meaning - slight or thin. I would think that is referring to the walls around a person's heart. 

What is your heart like? Are the shields up and anger shoves any thought of tenderness away? And you can feel it in your gut to say nuke them all. Yikes! 

Or are you the one with the aching heart full of guilt, shame, or pain? There is no room for tenderness toward others as your heart is full of ache for yourself only.

For me, I can always measure where I am with the Lord by my tenderness barometer. I tend toward the first example. So if in my midst I feel a fist and 'make my day' attitude' - ugh. The shields are up and the weapons loaded. Not good. Tells me I am relying on my strength and wisdom not God's.

Time to seek the Lord. Let His love dissolve the earthly, fleshly walls I have allowed to be erected around my heart. 

Father, fill my heart and soul with Your Love. Let me see others through Your eyes tempered with mercy and grace. Reset my heart, make it tender so that I may forgive and love others.

IT is all about You, Lord.
Let my heart remember that and be tender toward a hurt and dying world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment