Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Majesty

Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.


I love to think on my God and how awesome and majestic He is. It is comforting to me to know that HE is above all things. That I can not fully understand and know Him. But He does fully know me. And Loves Me with a Love beyond understanding. A love that sent His only begotten Son into the world to die for me. To pay for any all I have done wrong, and I am forgiven.

The line in C S Lewis' book - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe -- The little girl is talking about the Lion who represented Jesus. And she asks,  "Is he safe?" And the answer is No, but he is good.

I love that. A God bigger than anything I can ever know. All powerful, knowing, Full of mercy and Justice. And He is not safe. Not to be toyed with or mocked. Not to be taken lightly. But knowing that though He can make the mountains melt at His word, HE is good.

Today, consider the Awesome, Majestic God and in awe realize He knows you and provides for you and loves you. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that--"Is He safe?" "No, but He is good!" Amen! What a mighty, awesome God we serve!

    ReplyDelete