All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart
The Word is life. Read it often.
But it's boring, and I don't know where to start.
1. Pray before you open your Bible. Ask the Holy Spirit for ears to hear and eyes to see. And for guidance. Also ask for wisdom. God promises to give wisdom when it is asked for.
2. Always bring a pen and paper and journal what the Lord shows you - and He will show you things.
3. The book of John is always a good place to start.
4. Also you can read one proverb for each day of the month. There are 31 one of them so grab the one for today - Proverbs 11
5. To add to the Proverb, you can read the Psalms - start with the Psalm of the day -11 for today and add 30. So today the 11th you would read
Psalm 11, 41, 71, 101, 131 And Proverbs 11
6. There are also numerous read the Bible in a year programs that will have you reading passages out of the New and Old Testaments.
7. Know this - that any part of the Word of God you read will benefit you.
8. Grab hold of the verses that speak to your heart. Memorize one, chew on it throughout the day and ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand.
God's Word is alive and for us to live we need to partake of His Word.
Dive in, enjoy, be refreshed, encouraged, receive instruction, hope, and faith. God's Word has what you need.