Monday, July 2, 2012

Rest

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


Rest.
In our run, run world, rest is a precious commodity.
Even our vacations end up being a time of business.

We are battered daily by life.
Where do we find rest?

The answer is in the Lord. He is not concerned with busy work.
He tells us that his yoke is easy, his burden light.

Matthew 11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

We are to learn of Him.
Jesus meek and lowly.
Jesus only doing what He saw the Father do.
He wasn't pressured by peers, 
or reacting to situations or needs.

But set His heart to do as the Father did.

And that is our rest. 
Walk away from the craziness of the world
The whip of political correctness and peer pressures
And rest.

Rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment