Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Who am I?

James 1:22-24
22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

I love the Lord, praise His Name, and wonder at His glory. I am a Christian, redeemed by His precious blood, and following Him.

Then one of those splinters in my heart gets rubbed the wrong way. Doesn't even take a lot, maybe my father-in-law ate my last custard, maybe my fingers gripped around my stuff too hard and I refused to give. Whatever it is, I forget who I am.

In Christ, I am a new creation.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

But when my heart is pricked, I revert all too quickly to the old nature, forgetting who I am.

Basically, you can't hear the word of God and say I Will and not follow through and do what He tells you.

Instead, read the Word, listen to His voice, and say as You Will I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment