Thursday, March 7, 2013

Search me, O God.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. 
How wonderful is our God.
He searches our hearts and knows our thoughts. There is nothing hidden from Him. And yet, He will lead us in the way everlasting. If we follow Him.

Why have God search our hearts?

Because we are too close. Often sin and wayword thoughts slide under our radar. If they fall under the knowledge of good and evil, we  even embrace them. There is nothing so deadly as to be 'right' and not give it up.

Our hearts are full of secret rooms and coded messages. We need God to search out those things that will lead us away from Him.

So embrace His tender searching. And open your heart and mind so that He can cleanse us.

For we desire the way everlasting. There is no other goal, no other thing so worthy.

Lead me to the Rock that is Higher I.

No comments:

Post a Comment