Monday, March 4, 2013

Are you living like a Zombie?

Romans 6:3-4
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.


Zombies, the walking dead.
How many of us live this existence? The daily grind, hamster-wheel existence of life in the rut. Life that is dead. Just going through the motions to make it through another day.

I tell you! There is much more.  I lived as a zombie on the edge of blah humdrum. But then something happened to me. I was attacked by breast cancer. The enemy gave me a death warrant that the Lord has used to turn into a license to live. AND I am ALIVE!

You can read about my journey here on Invasion of the Booby Snatchers.

But Praise the Lord I am alive. No more existence for me. The Word of God is once again alive to me. I read it, ponder it and meditate on it. I live in Christ. He abides in me. LIFE

Life to walk in the Spirit.  No longer under the rule of my flesh but submitted to the Will of God.
No longer does my stomach rule, but the spirit. How free I am. How alive I am.

Throw off the grave clothes and dive into the Word of God. HE is life.  NOW

Jesus came to give us abundant life now. We have lived so below what is available to us. In the USA we are fat bodies with a stick figure spirit man. That is going to change.

Awake Christians. Throw off the reign of the zombie. Command  your stomach to submit to the Spirit and feed on the Word of God. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes and ears as you read the Word. Read it aloud. Shout it out. For His Word is Life to our mortal bodies.

My spirit now has a muscle or two. But I am just learning. Just taking those baby steps into life in the spirit. And I am excited.

Ephesians 5:14
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

No comments:

Post a Comment