Monday, March 25, 2013

Betrayal

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 


In this season of the Passion of the Christ. The last week of the life of Jesus before He was crucified. I look into my own heart and see betrayal. Rebellion. Oh, I don't want to, but it is there. Places in my heart and will that I have kept from Jesus and held my will over God's will.

That is nothing but betrayal from one called a Christian. Rebellion in its rawist form. I have been asking for the Lord to create in me a clean heart. And this is a large stone the Lord has dug for me to see and ask forgiveness.

Praise the Lord. Just as Paul said.

Romans 7:19

19 For the good that I would I do not: 
but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Now you might ask me, a Christian, just what great evil do I do? The greatest of evils - retain my will against the will of the Lord. Rebellion. For in rebellion, the Lord can do little with me. For I am untrustworthy as long as my will reins.

Now, that is not the end. For praise the Lord, read the rest of Romans 7

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Sin uncovered and repented of can now be cleansed by the Blood of Jesus. For though rebellion is the most grievous of sins having its root in Pride, it is rendered dead by sincere repentance and living by walking in the Spirit.

Romans 8:1

 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 




Forgive me, Lord. Help me be quick to submit to Your Will. Quick to hear Your voice.
Quick to obey. 

1 Samuel 15:22

22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

No comments:

Post a Comment