Saturday, August 6, 2011

What's on your mind?

DAY 232

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Last night I went to bed, my body tired, my mind wired. Thoughts scrambled through my mind, vying for top priority.

Bills, need to do's, should have done's, what to do's, you know the drill.


All of a sudden, the Holy Spirit broke in and asked, "Why are you not thinking on the goodness of God and how loved you are?"

Wow! The nagging thoughts tried to stay, but as I considered how awesome my God is, how He loves me, and His wonders those bothersome thoughts fled.

Not saying the battle ended there, I had to continue to take captive my thoughts.

2 Corinthians 10:5

5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Psalm 92:5
O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.

Psalm 139:17
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

Psalm 94:19
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Luke 24:38
And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see;...

No comments:

Post a Comment