Thursday, August 11, 2011

Watch Yourself

1 Timothy 4:16
Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.


This verse jumped out at me today. As a writer, I am keenly aware that what I put in black and white can either rejoice in truth or glare in error.

Study the truth. Measure your words, spoken and written, and make sure you wouldn't mind if Jesus read or heard them.

I think I might be pretty quiet if I measure my words. Rants are out which unfortunately have become a favorite pastimes. I want to be a pleasing sound to the ears of my Lord.

Guard your hearts and words. It's a war out there. And in the mind.

Truth wins. Love conquers. In His Truth and Love we overcome.

1 comment:

  1. I've always scanned over these lines, attributing them to preachers, which Timothy was. I never thought about them in terms of a writer, but you are exactly right! As users of words, we have to be careful of what we say and how we say it, knowing that those watching/reading might need to hear God's message.

    Thanks for the reminder, my friend.

    ReplyDelete