Wednesday, December 12, 2012

How's your Grace Gauge?

... but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.


Grace - God's gift.

Lately, I have struggled with the care of my 91 yr-old Father-in-law who lives with us. Don't get me wrong, we are blessed to  have him, blessed to have care takers who come into our home to care for him. BUT I  noticed that my patience is gone.

Then one of the Visiting Angels said to me this morning that as she dealt with my FIL
she would tell him that he needs to be grateful that there are those who want to 
care for him.

Then it hit me. It's not my patience that is lacking (although maybe some : )
But more importantly my GRACE tank is low.
I am running on empty and in and of myself - I don't have what it takes
to be gracious and loving.

But what a relief. It's not me. It's Christ in  me. He is Grace.
Our gift from our loving Father in Heaven
Sent to us- the gift from heaven - that we  might be saved.
For no one - None - Nada - can make it without God.

Just as the trees in this picture can do nothing to get the light to shine on them.
It is purely the grace of the Son that lights our lives.

So I turn to my Lord, Grateful that He loves me even when I am unworthy
For there is nothing in me that earns His love
It is a gift. His gift to any who reach out to accept Him.

Reaching out for His Grace
I am now at peace. Joyful even
For it's not about me

It's all about Him
His Gift
His Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment