Friday, September 28, 2012

Where is your Delight?

Psalm 37:4

 Delight thyself also in the Lord
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.



Years ago, I was in an attitude - you know bad mood -
At church no less. It came time for the Confirmation class 
to be confirmed and the Pastor gave each of them a life verse.

I grumbled to myself - "I never got one of those."

Instantly, the Lord spoke to my heart 
"Do you want one?"

A bit startled that He'd come to me in my bad mood and all, 
I nodded and said yes. Not expecting an answer.

BUT an answer, He did give.
Without further word, I heard in my Spirit
Psalm 37:4

Now, I had no clue what that verse was. Prayed
it wasn't something bad.

And when I looked it up
WOW
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

How awesome is that!
And I have to say - that is my life.
He is always there.

And when I have wandered off and return
He is there.

I delight in the Lord
His awesome forgiveness
His righteousness
His Love

Father, keep my eyes and heart and mind on You.
Let my delight not stray
but remain fixed on the
Great I Am

For there is truly nothing else worthy

God is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment