Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ahh ...


Psalm 23:2-4

 2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 3He restoreth my soul:...


Nothing like getting away, even for an afternoon. Jesus did. 

Luke 5:16
And he (Jesus) withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.


I figure if Jesus withdrew into the wilderness, how much more should we? Although I could have sat outside at home and enjoyed the day's beauty, I would still have been at home with all the need to, should do stuff. 


So I went to Cedar Hill State Park. Maybe thirty miles from my house, but another dimension away, a place to meet with the Lord. A place He lead me to. 


It did not take long before my soul was restored. Nothing earth shattering happened, no new revelations, just purposing to go out into the wilderness to be with Him was all it took. Walking in the glory of His handiwork, beautiful flowers, more butterflies than I could imagine, the  light breeze floating pleasing fragrance to me. In a word - wonderful.


Perhaps our souls languish in the mundane. Caught up in the whirlwind of this life, we let slip by the wonders of God. And in so doing, lose trust.


But in the presence of His glory, His creation, you can't help but get a glimpse of the Awesome Creator God. Who fashioned each flower just so, created butterflies to demonstrate transformation, cool waters reflecting the blue sky, plants and trees of such diverse shape and color. A fluorescent green beetle, a golden dragonfly. And joy! wondrous joy at being alive and knowing I am not alone, the Great I Am is watching over me. Leading me to still waters. 

And my soul said - ah and was refreshed.





No comments:

Post a Comment