Friday, October 21, 2011

Out of Whack!

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Titus 2:1
But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

In this day of Internet, radio, TV - we are constantly being blasted with words, doctrine, opinions.

How easy it is to fall into deception. The enemies greatest strategy is to use truth with a twist of lie.

The other day, my friend and I were watching Oprah's life classes. My spirit warned -tilt, tilt, error, error. Although parts of what she and her guests said 'sounded good' my internal truth detector was flashing warning signs.

After that show, we watched Joyce Meyer and as she spoke the Word of God, truth washed over me. My spirit said a mighty 'ah' as truth was spoken into me.

Now that doesn't mean that Joyce Meyer is it. But rather the truth of the Word. Be careful what you watch and listen to. And listen to the spirit inside you. IF you are a born again believer, God has equipped you with His Spirit that will guide and teach you.

“I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.”

God has given us His Holy Spirit in our hearts to keep us balanced and on the right track. IF your heart gives you a warning, heed it. You do not have to know why, or explain, or defend it. These are treacherous days. You cannot go on your reasoning only. But listen to the Spirit, the law within your heart, that will guide you into truth. And it must always line up with truth of His Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment