Friday, June 17, 2011

DAY 190

The Sweet Spot

Genesis 22:17
That in blessing I will bless thee...

In sports, the place where you hit the ball and never feel it but it goes true and far. No jolt, just sweet.

In the Christian life - when you bless someone and the blessings overtake your efforts. Sweet.

I hit the sweet spot this last week on our vacation. My husband and I took his almost 90 year old father to visit his brother in Iowa. An 800+ mile drive and we were blessed.

I didn't look at the trip as a burden or chore. I love road trips. A few remarked at what a good thing we were doing. That surprised me. And I realized we had stumbled into a sweet spot. Where by our blessing others, we were blessed far more.

My husband and I got to have a relaxing time together, we saw beautiful country, I got info for a book I am writing, we visited old friends and were greatly blessed by them, and we were able to see where my husband's father was raised.

In blessing, we were tremendously outblessed.

You just can't outbless God.

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment