Friday, May 20, 2011

DAY 169


Don't waste your time chasing the devil's dogs.

I'm not sure where I heard this bit of wisdom, but it's good advice. What is a devil's dog? It can be anything that riles you up, gives you a sense that you need to defend or set something right, or an irritating individual.

Romans 8:5
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Even though you have good intentions, the devil's dogs are often our own fleshly pride. The sly ones are those that make you feel so right when you chase after them. I am sure they are barking - sucker.

We are in the Lord's army and He is our captain. His orders and His only we are to follow. When we go off on our own we are the proverbial loose cannon.

I am talking to myself right now after a bout of running after one. Like a silly dog after a squirrel it will never catch - off I went. Okay, today I am wiser, will do what it is I am supposed to do.

And that picture of that mean looking animal - well below is my pup on a happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment