Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Keeping your soul

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, 
and lose his own soul? 


At the beginning of this month, I published my first book, Liberty Belle. What a wonderful experience. And I do give God all the glory.

But a day or two after, the Lord impressed on me that I 
needed to keep my head and heart in a right place. 

The road to success is a narrow way on either side danger lurks. It is so easy to slip away from the Lord. Not in a salvation way, but in a relationship way. We have all done it. Things are good. And without realizing it, our time with the Lord is pushed to the back of the line. 
Then one day we 'wake up' and realize the Lord is way over there. He didn't move. I did.

I believe the Lord wants to bless us beyond what we can even imagine - if we can handle it.
But,Our Father in heaven will not give us evil gifts. He knows if He were to bless us in abundance and it would lead to our destruction because we would walk away, and He won't do it. 

Some of us will need to be kept on a short line. We can't handle great success. 
But it doesn't have to be that way.

Determine that God will always get the glory. Strive to keep that foremost in your mind.
Serve Him. Serve others. And let humility rule your heart.
Gaining the world is a curse if you lose eternity.

Today, set your hearts to serve Him and others.





No comments:

Post a Comment