Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Look from Down Under - and I'm not talking OZ

Woke up under a mound of things that need to be done. I don't do lists. Tried but the things never got erased and would just show up day after day.

Peeking out from under a mound of paper and mess, I wonder just how do I dig my way out?

My Plan - seek the Lord. God sent His Holy Spirit to lead, teach, guide, and comfort us.

So here's the plan so far.
  • Dump the excuses.
Luke 14:18
And they all with one consent began to make excuse.

Excuses didn't work then and they don't work now. Instead - I can do all things in Christ.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

  • Be accountable -- Time is a gift, a talent in Bible terms even. What I do with it determines what I will accomplish.
  • Journal my time -- Write down what I spend my time doing. Yikes - I am sure I will find wasted minutes, hours even -- Games, FB, TV,
  • Seek the Lord and establish His goals for me. He has called me to write - so write I must do. His goals come first and are not the leftovers.
  • Rejoice in Him. He knows what will happen, what I need to do.
In this busy time, make your minutes count. Choose to do something with your time. Choose to put God first. Choose to keep Jesus the reason for the season.

Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment