Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blessed Assurance



Blessed assurance Jesus is mine! Words from an old hymn written in 1873 by fanny Cosby. She was blind but saw with her heart and soul. 

What is your heart and soul singing? What wonders of God has He lodged inside you to carry you through the day? Stop and listen today. Write it down. Sing it on your way home from work. Rejoice. Our God lives. Jesus is Alive forevermore !!!

Sometimes we miss out by not singing some of the old hymns.

Hebrews 10:22 KJV
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.


Blessed Assurance Lyrics written by Fanny Cosby

vs.1
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

vs.2
Perfect submission, perfect delight!
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Refrain

vs.3
Perfect submission, all is at rest!
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
(Refrain)




No comments:

Post a Comment