Thursday, April 14, 2011

DAY 133

Berry beginnings.

I planted the strawberry plant, watered it, but can't do a thing about making it make a strawberry. God created the plant to do that. I can just watch and then hopefully pick the fruit and eat it.

John 15: 4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

We are branches. Our fruit comes as a result of who we are following. Good fruit results from following Jesus, for without Him we can do nothing.

Bad fruit comes out of following the enemy and his ways. The ways of the flesh.

Galatians 5: 18-23 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Walk in the Spirit and be fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment